21 May 2013

Kitties & Math Centers

I helped in Kade's class this year during Math Centers. Today was the last day. I had a lot of fun getting to know these kids. I am really going to miss seeing them every week. Just because I don't want to forget...in the beginning of the year, Kade would cry when I left. He wouldn't cry to go to school in the morning, but math centers were long enough into the day, that he always wanted to come home with me. His sweet teach, Mrs. Unruh, decided to let him walk me down the hallway to make it more special. This worked great. Even though he stopped being sad to see me go, he still kept up this little ritual all year long. It meant a lot to him and it made mommy feel a little extra special too!

And since we're on the subject, this is my last Kindergartner. Okay, no more thinking about that.




The kids have had fun playing with the kitties after school each day this week. It has been a highlight for all of us. I can't wait to have some extra hands caring for them after school is out, though. They are a lot of work!

Shadow 
(or Ol' Crow, as daddy likes to call her...an Old Crow Medicine Show song came on when we were talking about names, and he refuses to take no for an answer. Goofball)

Lucky

Tiger




napping with the kitties

No comments: