17 May 2013

Kangaroos are cool.

I went to Tanganika with Maddox's class for a field trip today. Unfortunately I was running a fever from a sinus infection and was a bit delerious when I was getting ready in the morning. I forgot my camera and an easy bag to carry around all day. Thankfully I had a reusable grocery bag that was lightweight and easy to carry the water bottles I did remember. And another mom offered to drive me there, so I didn't have to drive. That was a blessing. Anyway, despite not feeling well, we had a great time. We got to pet kangaroos. I mean, how can you have a bad day when you can pet a kangaroo?




Bobby, Maddox, Yael


The birds were a little freaky. It was really funny to watch some of the kids spaz when they were feeding them. Is that bad that I thought it was funny? Eventually they enjoyed it, so all was good.



Each student was given a token to feed an animal of their choice. Maddox chose the lemurs. They were funny. Their eyes are creepy, but they were gentle. Maddox was paying close attention as not to feed the same lemur twice. He wanted to be fair!


This beauty was so close. You could almost touch her. Don't worry, we didn't.

What a fun day. This was my last field trip of the year. I feel very blessed to be able to go on a field trip with each of my kids. It is fun getting to know the kids in their classes. 


No comments: