25 March 2009

long+scissors=short

Most of you may think I'm crazy for freaking out about this, but I am. It was way too hard to do this. I love Ava's hair...obviously more than she does. So, when she said she wanted short hair, mommy cringed, but gave in.
Before.

After

Super short, as Ava would say.

How Ava feels about her hair cut.

The length I cut off-about 6 inches!!

She did say she wanted it short like Maddox's..."NO WAY! You have way too pretty hair to be short like that!" I am very thankful she is so easy going and didn't push for this option!!!

9 comments:

Utecht Family said...

Alyssa - I saw her at awana tonight; I love the hair! She looks super cute! And I'm impressed with how naturally it turns under. You did good. :-)

Allen and Debby Graber said...

It was the first thing I noticed tonight at Awana. Wow!! You did a great job! She is just adorable. I have one of those pictures too where my hair is below my waist and then the next photo is short - almost like Maddox's! But my mom cut it because we didn't have rinse in those old days and she hated brushing out all the tangles - rather, she hated my crying while she brushed my hair!
Debby

Aaron and Shannon said...

Alyssa...that looks good! Did you do that? She looks so cute and happy about it! At least she didn't see it and start cying b/c she wanted it back!

Unknown said...

So cute, you did such a great job!!

brandeye said...

look at your hair cutting skills! she looks fantastic! i love it.

The Hershberger Home said...

She looks so cute and grown up!! I'm impressed with your cut job, I think I'll start scheduling my haircut's at the Sweigart kitchen :)

Julie said...

Her hair looks super cute short! Great job!

Beck said...

Wow, I'm impressed. We've NEVER cut Isis hair and she needs it. I'm just too scared, and well, she's way too wiggly.

Anonymous said...

she's so lucky you didn't decide to do the perm at the same time :)