13 May 2009

Loves


These three have challenged me this week and it's only Wednesday. Being a mother is HARD work. Whoever tells you it's a breeze is lying.

It's hard to know if you are yelling at them too much; teaching them the right things; spending enough time with them; neglecting them too much (I mean time, not actually not feeding them or bathing them, etc.-I don't want you to get the wrong idea!); pushing them too hard; not pushing them hard enough...The list can go on and on. Sometimes I just feel like a failure as a mom.

But I write all that to say that being a mother is the Best job in the world. Because usually when I am having one of those moments when I want to give up, I have a little one come wrap their arms around me and tell me they love me. Now that's motivation. I thank God everyday for those three little rascals that run around my house. They have enriched me life more than I ever could have imagined.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

so very true...it's SO hard...but worth every minute.

The Veers said...

I have had so many days like that latey, because Ella has had ear infections and been so fussy! I kept telling Kelsey, I'm such a bad mom! Then she gives me a kiss and I know that she still loves me when I'm fussy, just like I still love her when she is! Thanks for your honesty, it helps me so much to hear I'm not the only one that thinks this job is hard work! I love it so much though!

Anonymous said...

ours too!!! and by the way, you're doing an AWESOME job--wish i could go back and do it all over again because I have learned from you! love you, mom