13 May 2009

End of year program

Hard to believe my oldest has his last day of preschool Friday. Although I'm pretty sure it is harder on mom than child. He's pretty excited to go to Kindergarten in the fall and doesn't seem to be bummed that he won't have preschool anymore. It helps that he knows some of his friends will be going to the same school with him.

His teacher gave him a book about Kindergarten as a little 'send-off' gift. It was about a little bear who clung to his mom when he was being dropped off at his first day at school. The teacher told his parents they could stay for the day. By the second day, his parents wanted to stay again, and he wanted them to go.

Maddox was a bit confused. "Why would his parents stay at school. Parents don't go to school."

"You won't hang on mommy's leg and not let me go, will you?"

"NO!!! I don't do that!!!"

"You like new stuff, don't you?"

"Yup!"

So, I'm pretty sure I won't be prying my son off of me come fall...We'll see if he'll be prying me off!






No comments: