15 February 2009

Too much

It has been a whirlwind of a few weeks, to say the least. When I thought things were heavy, they got that much worse.

On Thursday, February 5, my grandpa, Delmar Vollbracht went home to be with Jesus.


The kids and I traveled with my brothers to Colorado two days later.


We spent the next week learning a lot about my grandpa that I had never known before (he had spent the last 26+ years disabled from methane/carbon monoxide poisoning, so I never knew the man he was when my mom was at home). We watched old slides, made fun of my mom and her sibling's do's and get-ups, ate lots of family meals, and spent time reminiscing.

Sunday, I received a call from my friend telling me about sweet Cora. The doctors could do no more for her, and she went to be with Jesus early that morning. It was a struggle getting through the rest of that day. My heart breaks for Joel and Jess. Please continue to pray for them as they learn to live life without their baby girl.

It was a good distraction to be surrounded by family all week. We went to Denver on Tuesday for my grandpa's burial, at Fort Logan. Wednesday was his memorial service, which took place in Colorado Springs. Here are some pics from the week. And check out my brother's site too. He has a lot more.



Apparently, according to the pictures, there was a lot of reading going on!

No comments: