19 May 2010

It's not getting any easier

Ava's last day of preschool was today. They finished out their class with a short program and snacks. I still haven't figured out if Ava realizes that she doesn't get to go back or if she just doesn't care. She was very mellow during the program, which is normal. But the rest of the time, she just brushed everything off. She only wanted to say goodbye to her teach, Ms. Mary. No one else. She wanted to get a cookie and leave. It was weird. She was cranky the rest of the day. In my overthinking way, I think she just struggled with dealing with it being the end, so she just ignored it. Who knows.

I know it was hard for me to walk out of that room. It was the weirdest feeling. It took me by surprise. I was definitely not expecting it, but I didn't want to leave! I'm going to miss going there every week. But at least we get to do it again in a year and a half. Poor Kade is stuck with me all next year!


I've been living without a car this week while it's in the shop, so Grandma had to take us to and from preschool today. We celebrated with a trip to McD's for lunch.

No comments: