23 July 2009

First

I took my first-born, on our first-ever school shopping trip, in anticipation for his first day of school (which is in 3 weeks!!!).

First stop was Target.



Then we headed to Red Robin for lunch.



With some other stops in between, we ended at McDonald's for an ice cream cone and a little play. (I try not to be really grossed out by those places, by the way.)



I was a little worried in the beginning. We dropped the other two off at Grandma's house and Maddox wanted to stay. He said he gets to be with me all the time, but only gets to see Grandma sometimes. I tried to tell him this would be different and somehow, he was finally convinced.

Well, when we were sitting at McDonald's having our ice cream cones, he looks over at me and says, "Mom, I had fun with you today. This is better than Grandma's house."

Yup, that made my day. (Sorry Grandma, but seriously, this NEVER happens!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he had a good day and it was fun to see all his goodies!!

Aaron and Shannon said...

Awww...yea for Maddox! Can't believe he's going to be starting Kindergarten! Glad you had such a good time together! Let me know if you have any more questions!!!

Amanda said...

okay, is there something wrong with me that this post made my eyes all teary.....I can't imagine your post when he actually GOES to school for the first time...oh my, my, I can't even imagine YOUR emotions if I'm crying about this.