14 January 2009

The 'sick' boy and his painting sister

Maddox came home from school on Monday with a fever, sore throat and tummy ache. I called the doc and they did a strep test on him. I sent him to bed with some tylenol and when he woke up, he felt fine. The initial strep test came back negative, so I thought it must have just been a fluke. Well he still felt fine the next morning, so I really didn't think he was sick anymore. Then I get a call from the nurse after lunch and she tells me the secondary test came back positive. He in fact had strep. Crazy, so even though he felt fine, they still wanted to treat him. It was a little difficult explaining to a 5-year-old that he had to start taking medicine and couldn't go to school despite feeling completely well.


He looks really sick, doesn't he!!

All Ava wants to do is paint anymore. She has so much fun doing it. It is funny to see her face while she paints, so serious.


Doesn't this look like one of those ink blots they use on tv?

Here she is after she painted...in her pj's. Her masterpiece.

I told her to go get dressed so we could take a proper picture, but she then didn't really want to pose. Funny girl.