29 March 2011

Ode to Spring


I need Spring like a child needs a blanket.
I long for Spring.
I long for the sun to warm my cheeks.
I long to wake up without feeling aches in every inch of my body.
I long to not be in a constant state of blah.
I long for evening family walks, bicycles littering the lawn, flip-flops lining the wall.
I long for green poking out of our garden soil.
I long for a good, sweaty jog.
I long to be motivated for longer than 30 minute increments.
I long for vitamin D.
I long for Spring.

please tell me you do too...that it isn't just me...that these winter blues soon will pass...

3 comments:

The Hershberger Home said...

ME TOO! If spring doesn't come soon...I think I might have to go find somewhere that already has it..aka anywhere in the south! Winter has definitely overstayed it's welcome :)

Amy said...

It's worse when we get teased with a few days of 70* weather... and then go back to 30's. I am so ready for Spring!!

Anonymous said...

i done birthed a poet :)