03 March 2011

Ghetto Skating

First time on roller skates.
First birthday party at a roller rink.
This was a big deal.
Hard to say he couldn't go because it was his dad's birthday. It felt weird not having him around though(a glimpse into the future, perhaps). But it was fun to see how much he was loving it!
We all piled into the car to go pick him up. We were kind of making fun of ourselves, but we were all very curious how it was going. I'm glad I grabbed my camera. Can't miss out on this!
The lighting was terrible in this very getto roller rink, so the picture are terrible, but you get the idea. I wanted to hose everyone off when we got home. Gross. But it was so much fun to watch. Maddox was having the time of his life. He was one of the last ones on the skating rink. Everyone else was enjoying cupcakes and craziness.





It was so funny watching him around girls in his class. He was so shy and smilie. He was anxious to see if she liked what he picked out for her. So sweet.

Can I just say, who spends this much on their 1st grader's birthday party? I sure don't. They paid for food, skating, desert, goodie bags. We are cheap skates (no pun intended) compared to some of these parents. Wow, can't say I feel guilty for how we do it, but, wow. I was shocked.

1 comment:

The Sieberts said...

yeah...i sometimes wonder how much parents spend too. Ava has been to two parties at there...its fun but i'm too cheap too :o)