01 October 2012

We Went on an Adventure

The kids had off school today, so I thought we needed to go on an adventure. I loaded the bikes into the car, packed a picnic and headed out. Dad met us for lunch. 




I kept trying to get pictures of the kids on our bike ride, but they rode too fast! I couldn't snap one while I was riding to keep up! I tried...it was humorous. 


pit stop. we started out riding against the wind!






pit stop #2. This one was fun.




proof that I was there!

they were having so much fun climbing in the tree roots.




This was such a cool creek bed. It was all twisty and windy. I wish I could have gotten closer, but I wasn't exactly wearing my galoshes! I should have!





Oops! 
This spot was so fun. We found cool rocks and the kids had fun climbing like little monkeys.



It started raining about this time in our adventure. Thankfully the trees protected us.


I laughed so hard when I first flipped through those last two pictures. That kid.




 We had so much fun on our adventure. We will have to do it again, for sure. Can't wait!

Tomorrow I send my baby off to school all day. I have avoided thinking about this too much. I wanted to make today special, especially for this reason. Thankfully it worked and we had a great day. And I didn't lose it until the kids prayed for Kade's first full-day at bedtime. I think they wondered why mom was a basketcase when they opened their eyes...but then again, they probably didn't. Sweet kids, I have.

2 comments:

The Sieberts said...

love that trail for photo sessions!

brandeye said...

so cute. so how are you and kade doing now that he is a full day student?