12 September 2009

For the LOVE of applesauce

Oh how I love the smell of apples cooking. So yummy.

I made applesauce today after Maddox's soccer game. I've been making applesauce pretty much every year since we've been married. If you know Brent, you know he puts applesauce on pizza and most casseroles. Strange, but he loves it. Needless to say, the kids all love applesauce too, so I have to stock up. Now, ever since I've been making it, I've always made it with Brent's mom. This year was different.

Now that I have a kiddo in school (especially during half days), I don't have much time in a day to go anywhere. I decided to split my applesauce making up into two days. Today I did three bushels by myself and Brent's mom will come on Monday to help me can the last two.

Mmm...my house smells good.





(I froze all of my applesauce today. The picture of the jar is actually from when we did it on Monday. Yes, I can take pictures of the future. Oooh...)

No comments: