19 August 2009

The Big Yellow Bus...sort of

Maddox was so excited to ride the bus yesterday. Mommy was a little nervous for Maddox to ride the school bus. We got all ready and waited on the front porch for the bus. Then, to Maddox's disappointment, a boring white van showed up!

The even funnier thing is when the driver lady said, "Okay mom, did you get your picture?"

"Um, oh, yeah." I didn't want to tell her it wasn't going to be much of a picture, him getting into a white van instead of a big yellow school bus. So, I snapped the picture anyway.



It was time to go wait at the bus stop for Maddox. I wanted to be there on the first day to great him (and to get a picture!). They told me that once he goes full days he will be picked up and dropped off at the bus stop instead of our front door. So, we got our walking shoes on and went for a stroll, camera in hand.

We waited.

Then I looked down the road and saw the big yellow school bus driving past, headed for our front door!

Ahhh, I'm missing it!!!
I can't get the picture!!!
He's going to freak out that we aren't home!!!

I grab Ava's hand and the stroller and we run home...literally. I'm sure we looked cute. I see Maddox coming back outside to see where we were, so I yell for him. He sees us and runs to us, happy as can be. Not a worry in the world.

Meanwhile, I'm still spazzing out that I didn't get a picture and wasn't there to great him.

He didn't care. He just had a blast riding the bus.

So, finally today was going to be the day. I was going to get my picture. Then the bus driver stopped me to talk to him and this was all I could get!


Another day.

On a completely different note...I made salsa today. Glad that's done, but now I have 14 pretty pints of yummy salsa. I love gardens and what you can get from them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are my hero, you make salsa too!!? ...and your cakes. You really need to give me lessons on all this homemaker stuff!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

So funny about the bus!! You'll get a picture yet.