03 February 2011

Snow-day Crafting Expedition

The kids had snow days the last two days, so we got serious and got our craft on. We may or may not have gotten a little carried away with valentine's crafts and decorations! I've never decorated for valentine's before. It always seems to come and go, but I was in the mood this year to make it fun. And it definitely helps to be cooped up in your house for two days to get some of this stuff done! Enjoy our craft creations.

We made "stained glass" hearts. They were a little time consuming, but fun. Ava's favorite craft.



We worked on cute painted valentine's for the kids to take to school. I loved how these turned out. These were Maddox and Kade's favorites!



Made a fun ruffle heart.



We had a fun two days off from school. It was so nice to forget about everything and just spend time with the kids. We just crafted our little hearts out and had lots of good quality time together in the process. Oh, we made cookies too, but didn't have time to decorate them yet. We'll be doing that today after school!


And now today, laundry and bathrooms are calling my name. I'm thinking of changing my name...

Stay warm and enjoy your day!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

well, just make sure to let me know what you change your name to so I can at least still call you.

I've been waiting to see what you made this week - so cute!! I have never gotten into V-day decorations before either - but yesterday and today I started getting the urge. We'll see! I am loving the hearts on a string and I seriously think I want to do that. BUT, at the same time, with showing a house - I'm not sure if I should have hearts hanging around???

brandeye said...

very cute, i love the ruffle wreath! i always want to deocrate for Vday, but run out of time. i did make valentines this year though :-)