10 March 2009

"Mommy, are you better yet?"

Sorry, there will be no pictures in this post. So if that is the only reason you are reading-there's your warning.

Today is the first day I've been out of bed since Friday. Pretty sure I'm thankful for just a dull ache above my eyes...anything is better than my head feeling like it is going to EXPLODE. The kids kept wondering when I was going to get better, and so was I. I've gotten sinus infections before, but never this BAD.

Maddox asked me on Saturday, "Mommy, I don't want you to be really sick, because I don't want you to die and go up to heaven." If that doesn't break your heart. Poor kid has been introduced to so much lately. It has to be so hard for him to wrap his little mind around it.

Hopefully now the worst is behind me. For those of you who don't want to hear me babble on, next post will have pictures...promise.

Oh, and thank you to my hubby for taking care of the kids ALL weekend and cleaning up the kitchen each day. And thank you MJ for taking the kids home with you Friday and Monday. It's rough around here when mom in down for the count. Let's hope it doesn't happen any time soon.

5 comments:

The Veers said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! It's so hard when mom is out of the picture!! Good job Brent!

Mr. and Mrs. B said...

Yuck Alyssa! Glad to hear you're feeling better, but man that must have been awful! There's nothing worse than mom being sick :(
It's been fun catching up with you guys through your blog! We've been thinking of you and praying for you with all that has happened in your life recently.
Hope you continue to feel better!

~Kristen

Elizabeth Biggs said...

Sorry to hear that you were sick! Glad to hear that you are getting better!

Amanda said...

Yes...way to go Brent! Family fun night, and Sunday School...man, what a dad! Alyssa, I'm glad you are feeling a little better..hope you have a better week and get back to full strength soon.

The Hershberger Home said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! We missed you on Sunday. Hope the crud is in the past.